Meet BJ Wilbanks
- VoyageATL Magazine, February 6, 2019
Best of 2018, Albums
- Ulrick Parfum, Soul Bag Magazine, December 28, 2018
"BJ Wilbanks delivers an excellent business card with this album."
- Peter Marinus, Blues Magazine, December 19, 2017
Listed among the Best of 2017: Indie & Rock Artists,
Underestimated Artists 2017
"He has a rare voice and we LOVE his Motown vibe mixed with rock and blues. "
- Music Update Central, December 19, 2017
"Vintage sounds are powerful in the ‘back porch Soul’ of Atlanta, Georgia-based singer/songwriter BJ Wilbanks. He is joined by Donna Hopkins on his latest single, the pair coming together in the decision to “Don’t Fight the Feelin’”, promising to express themselves and to ‘let their freak flag fly'."
- The Alternate Root Magazine, November 29, 2017
"With his husky vocals, big horn sound, and Southern swagger, Wilbanks’ tunes will charm the sass right out of you, and set your soul aflame."
- Susan Hubbard, Mother Church Pew, November 28, 2017
"BJ Wilbanks is the kind of smoky soulful voice that has been lost in the realm of rock ‘n roll. His new song “Don’t Fight the Feelin’” demands that soulful voice to be heard."
- Brian Furman, RARAs Farm's Music Blog, November 26, 2017
"It just might be impossible to listen to BJ Wilbanks and “Don’t Fight The Feelin’” without your day getting a little brighter."
- Carrigan Drallos, Almost Real Things, November 25, 2017
"there’s indescribable raw emotion in his tracks."
- Christina Masucci, Audible Adixion, November 21, 2017
Your Global Texan Chronicles Weekly Top 10, November 20, 2017
"Make no mistake: he is all about the craft, and has the chops to prove it."
- Brooke Daly, That's Why We Musyc, July 17, 2017
"He is the real deal with authentic and original rock n’ roll that borrows from the periphery and makes it his own. It’s really good stuff, perfect for the beginning of summer, a stroll down the block, or a drive with the top down."- Brian Furman, RARAs Farm's Music Blog, June 6, 2017
"CHS grad Wilbanks to bring 'Back Porch Soul' to GEM Theatre"
- Tyler Serritt, Calhoun Times, May 31, 2017
"...this self titled release is a clear success, capturing a warm sound and an emotive singer who inhabits his songs."
- Rock The Body Electric, May 23, 2017
"Working late. Took a short break. Found this. 100% my thing. Made my day!!! Check out the full album by @BJWilbanks"
- @Songpickr, May 8, 2017
"Wilbanks's rhythm and blues soul style will make you wish you could rewind to that simpler way of life..."
- Walter Price, Global Texan Chronicles, May 3, 2017
"Southern rock meets soul on Georgia-based musician BJ Wilbanks' upcoming self-titled album. Hear it now and get some healing."
- albumstreams.com, April 27, 2017
"Georgia-based musician BJ Wilbanks brings together Southern rock and soul with an unabashedly vintage sound on his self-titled debut album."
- AllMusic.com, April 24, 2017
"The album oozes that sweet and mellow r&b sound while blending it with a little blues, a little Motown, a tad of country and a whole lot of heart & soul."
- OnStage Magazine, April 24, 2017
"BJ Wilbanks is releasing an album this upcoming week (April 28th, to be exact), and there couldn’t be a better moment than this lovely Saturday afternoon to listen to “I Can’t Help It” once more."
- Queenbeetch.com, April 22, 2017
"BJ Wilbanks' distinctive style plays on the rich sounds of slow-burning 60's rhythm 'n' blues. One listen to the Stax brass & honeyed nostalgic harmonies and you'll get the picture...smoldering Motown vibes with a touch of Southern roots."
- Paste Magazine, April 14, 2017
"...his latest efforts will draw lots of fans from the blues, rock, and soul corners of the music world."
- Audible Addixion, April 2, 2017
"...BJ Wilbanks delivers the goods in this instant Roots-music classic."
- JP's Music Blog, March 28, 2017
"I Can’t Help It is a slow-burning charmer with velvety, disarming vocals from Wilbanks that wind around cool-tone electric piano parts, acoustic guitar strumming, wavering electric guitar lines, and a subdued measured drums.”
- Delusions of Adequacy, March 21, 2017
"...good music that transcends taste and preference."
- Slickster Magazine , March 20, 2017
"...soul-rock verve with brassy angles giving shape to the malleable
- EARMILK on I Can't Help It, March 20, 2017
"Cool blues define the sound of BJ Wilbanks. His voice has just the right kind of weathered to make his lyrics it believable."
- Ear To The Ground Music, March 17, 2017
"Back Porch Soul from the man outta Georgia...hit play on a couple songs from his upcoming April 28th self-titled debut."
- The Morning After, March 14, 2017
"Fans of Chris Stapleton, Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Delta blues will find much to like in the Georgia-born singer-songwriter."
- The Boot on Livin' Off The Land, March 10, 2017
"I Can’t Help It doet ons denken aan de betere soul, van Leon Bridges tot Marc Broussard."
- Gobsmag, March 9, 2017
"Verses that flow like silk through a soundscape that encompasses a certain old school meets new school feel perfectly."
- Wolf in a Suit on I Can't Help It, March 6, 2017
"Recording Artist and Georgia native BJ Wilbanks is about to release a new album in April! He shared the details with our Ebony Steele!"
- Coffee With America, TV Spot, February 25, 2017
"...sultry, retro-soul tune..."
- American Songwriter on I Can't Help It, February 22, 2017